At Emmanuel, we believe that membership matters, that is is biblical, and that meaningful membership helps us to grow as individuals as well as strive toward our goal of knowing Christ and making him known.
To formally join the fellowship at Emmanuel,
there are just a few simple steps:
- Become a regular attender of the church. This is the best way for you and your family to decide whether or not Emmanuel is the church for you.
- Complete the introductory course, Exploring Emmanuel. This is the best way to learn more about our church: what we believe, how we are structured, and what our mission is and how we fulfill it. To enroll, watch the video below.
- Complete a church membership application.
- Have an interview with members of our member care team.
WHAT ARE THE PREREQUISITES FOR JOINING:
- Have a credible profession of faith. We can't judge your heart, but we do need to see how the Lord has changed your life and how you are living for His glory now.
- Be baptized by immersion as a believer. Baptism is not only the initiatory rite into Christ's church, it is also the first step of obedience that a believer should take. Because we believe the Bible only prescribes the practice of baptism by immersion as believers, we do not recognize infant baptism.
- Membership can be transferred from a like-minded church provided believer's baptism has been practiced. Membership transfer must include a completion of Exploring Emmanuel and a membership application.
We understand that meaningful church membership may be a concept that is foreign for some. Here's a brief article that might help to explain the biblical basis of church member:
"Why Join a Church?" By Don Whitney Hand Pointing Left click to access article